Monday, June 10, 2013

The Kindred

It's been six months since my novel "The Kindred" moved into paperback form and out into the world.  Looking back on its journey, I realize that the title I chose for the novel, came from the spiritual world, rather than my amazing imagination (wink, wink).  Its journey has humbled me, especially when a reader on the other side of the planet, takes the time to E-Mail me how much they enjoyed the book.  In fact, I've been overwhelmed by the compliments directed my way since the book came out. 

What do the compliments entail?  Surprise, mostly.  Many readers wrote to say they never read paranormal books, but since they knew me (or knew me through a friend), they had taken the chance and read the book.  It pleases me to no end how surprised they are by the novel.  It means I did my job.  I entertained them AND introduced them to a part of the spiritual world they may never have thought (or known) about. 

As you know, I built this blog as a homage to the connection between two worlds--the spiritual and the human.  It's nice to know that spirit blessed me with a title that connects strangers and makes them friends.  It proves that we are all kindreds in one way or another and that the words we  put down on paper can and do develop a life of their own.  They travel great distances too, even if those distances are mostly in the mind.

As the learned scientists are always telling us, the mind is so vast, that we humans only use 10% of it.  What is the other 85% doing?  I wish I  knew.  Perhaps, that's why I keep writing and pushing my mind to create new worlds that offer up more questions than answers for the reader.  Perhaps, that's what being a true Kindred really means.  Writing, Sharing, Connecting.  Ah, the beauty of spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment