Friday, October 10, 2014

Maine Vs. Florida

You may have noticed I've been away for a few weeks (you lucky devils). My sister and I visited friends in Maine where the leaves are turning the most beautiful reds, oranges, and yellows. The climate was also beautiful and it made me realize that my life constantly centers around the theme of this blog--between two worlds. 

Maine is delightful, with the air pungent with the smell of pine, and the sun is less warm, or so it seems. Florida is delightful too, only not so much this summer as the humidity has been off the charts. Still, it was fun to hop a plane, and in less than six hours, be in a different environment entirely. 

I think that must be what it is like to move from the human world to the astral one, when our life here on earth is through. Our souls literally "fly" to another environment and enjoy the "scenery". I think that's what my novels always try to express to the reader--that the connection between the two worlds is not as far as it appears--or as frightening. After all, if I can hop a plane and be in Maine in six hours, surely my soul can be in the astral world in the blink of an eye.  It's something to think about, isn't it? 

I'm glad to be back home though. It's always great to visit other places, but when it gets down to the nitty-gritty, Dorothy from Kansas was right. "There's no place like home", "There's no place like home". Now, click your heels and make a wish. Voila! You're home.
  

2 comments:

  1. Would you consider setting a novel in Maine, or has Stephen King covered the territory to death?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Maine holds any writing juice for me. I'm not drawn to the area. And Kindred was close to that by being in a chateau up that way.

      Delete