Thursday, January 5, 2017

Intentions vs. Resolutions

Welcome aboard the 2017 train! What a ride it's going to be, with a brand new President in the White House....that brings me to my 2017 resolutions....the first is: throwing away resolutions and substituting intentions instead.  Why? Because resolutions never stick. They last maybe a month at most. Lose weight; exercise more. Nope, been down that road. I've tried making those resolutions and have broken them every time. So, this year, 2017 (which in the numerology world adds up to the number "1"), I'm going to do intentions instead.

Why now? 'Cause the year 2017 adds up to "1", which is all about new beginnings. About standing up and standing out. So, my intentions are all new beginnings.  I'm going to begin and end a new novel this year; I'm going to promote my current books more this year; I'm going to do more nice things for people throughout the year & I'm going to attend a writing seminar somewhere in the United States. Cavorting with people of like minds, is good for the soul. That's it.  Four little intentions.

Why, only four? Because too many intentions are a recipe for disaster. Setting small goals make them attainable. And since intentions are a "give & take" instead of purely selfish, one can hope that Spirit will reward in delightful ways. So, to all of you out there, get on the 2017 Intention train. Do something wonderful for someone else, and then do something wonderful for yourself. Remember, we are all sharing this journey called "the human existence", and it's in our best interest to love one another unconditionally. So....on this 5th day of 2017, I wish you all peace and love now and all throughout the year.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment