Monday, December 21, 2015

Saving the Best for Last

In just over a week, we'll be welcoming in the year 2016. Some of us will be looking ahead (me included), eager for new opportunities and challenges, and of course, a new story to write and publish. But we'll be looking back too, asking ourselves. "What did I accomplish this past year?" Most years, my reply was "not that much", however, this year, I can look back and know I "done good".

To toot my own horn, I achieved a monumental feat this past year. In the first six months, I wrote and finished my third novel "Sanctuary". In September, my publisher accepted it (with a few revisions). In October, it hit the Amazon site as a E-book only. Now, as December fades away, the book has gone into general release--both in paperback and E-Book formats.

Naturally, I've ordered copies so that I can, ahem, set up book signings and toot my horn to anyone who'll listen. Perhaps, I'll even make some noise to those who could care less about reading my book. Either way, I'm like a proud mama, whose baby has finally taken its first steps. It's shaky at first, but building confidence. In the new year, I expect that baby to start running pell-mell into the real world and making a name for itself. By the time it's full grown, I expect it to be rich and successful, and raising a family of its own.

Of course, I'm getting ahead of myself. You can't raise a family without giving birth to a child first. So, it's time to sit down and get the writing mo-jo going again. At the moment, I think the new baby's name will be "The Changeling", but like any pregnancy, that name could change in an instance. So for now, do yourself a favor. Take a break from reality, and escape into the paranormal romance world of the Sanctuary. Join Agent Logan Reed and Empath Sonny Blake as they attempt to solve a murder before a devious predator has a chance to set his sights on killing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment